Upgraded (downgraded) screen :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theironist08, Feb 3, 2010.

1. theironist08 macrumors regular

Recently smashed my macbook screen, got it repaired by a company and received it back today, there is a shaded bar going across the top of the screen, and the colour just seems a bit off (slightly grainy or something). Please have a look at the pic and tell me what you think.. I'm not sure whether to waste my time going back to them or not. I made it clear that I wanted a screen of identical or better quality.. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I know someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that if there was something wrong with the screen, it wouldn't show up in a screenshot? Since it shows up, isn't that a software issue?

Someone will correct me.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

A screenshot will not show us anything, as a screenshot only captures the information displayed on the screen coming from the system, but not how it is displayed on the display.

A screenshot from a broken screen will look the same and show us nothing of any broken screen.

Maybe you better take a good photograph and post it here.

4. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

The EXACT same thing is happening to my screen, i just posted a thread about it called "Major Macbook Pixel Issues". I took a screen shot but since its the screen nobody else could see it, so i just put up some actual pictures with my camera.

5. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

Any solutions? Could it just be the case that it takes a while for the pixels to settle on a new screen.. or do you think it's just a ***** quality creen?

6. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

7. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

Considering how closely your problem resembles mine, I highly doubt it's going to just settle in. I imagine it's just a defective screen (somewhat). I imagine I'm going to have to get a new screen, I honestly didn't think it was possible to replace the MacBooks screen but I guess it is. Closest apple store is 3 hours away :/

I'll update you with any info if I find a solution.

One last thing is from my iPhone your pictures look fine, but from my computer I can tell it's all messed up, not sure if everyone can see that it's messed up or just because my screen is screwed up to.