Upgraded from iPhone 6 Plus to iPhone X ....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Nov 3, 2017.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

...and I was not prepared how good the phone looks in person. The screen is immaculate. the feel is so much better and less slippery than the 6 Plus. I don't even want to put a cover on it the glass back does attract some finger prints so might have to . Face ID and the OLED screen are killer features I have never owned or seen a TrueTone display and I honestly look at my iPhone 6 Plus and immediately think that screen is not good. The colors, the pop, the deep blacks. Performance I knew was going to be fast as I had held my friends iPhone 8.

This is the phone I always wanted. fits in my pocket while having a bigger screen. Probably Apple's best designed phone change since iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

The X doesn’t have a bigger screen than the plus model. That’s a myth.

3. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

Same form factor has iPhone 6-8 but closer screen estate to iPhone 6+>8+ is what I meant

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Some folks did the number crunch. If you include the notch it’s actually a slightly larger surface area. If you don’t, it’s slightly smaller.

5. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

With the notch you get those 2 corners which can’t really be used for anything, including watching videos because full screen will bring that notch within the video area. So actual usable space is bigger on the plus model.

6. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

OP - it is a fact of life on MacRumors that somebody will 'rain on your parade'. Enjoy your new phone!

7. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

coming from the 6+ the size in landscape is slightly noticeable but negligible. embrace the notch

8. RobinInOR macrumors 6502a

RobinInOR

Good to hear your review, I’m coming from a 6+ as well. Look at the Caudable Veil case - I just got it yesterday and it’s so thin it’s kind of a ‘why bother’ case - will protect the back and maybe give more grip but won’t save from drops. Enjoy your new phone!

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Really depends on what you’re doing. Web browsing you have a bunch of wasted space looking st your carrier, receoption, and battery.

I’m not saying any of this to be argumentative. Just that I saw the numbers and they’re very very close. For soenthing like reading emails, web pages, or really any portrait app (some will likely need to be adapted) it is actually a larger viewing area.

This is part of the reason why it’s such a confusing thing. Viewing in landscape is absolutely smaller, particularly because of that notch. Videos either get that notch cut out, or you get some lovely black bars.

10. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

Thanks for the post. I too am coming from a 6 Plus, so I enjoyed your feedback. Though to be fair, how could it not be a huge upgrade to what we had. Very much looking forward to mine arriving!