Upgraded from iphone 6 to 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sirees01, Mar 20, 2016.

1. sirees01 macrumors member

I upgraded my iphone 6 to 6s Plus on 3 days ago and I either have a faulty phone or the battery life and heat issues are ridiculous.

When syncing the 6s Plus to my iMac the phone was extremely hot, i've not had this issue with any other phone.
    Battery drains approx 25% per hour just surfing web, with no other apps open in background.

Do I have a faulty phone or is this normal for 6s Plus?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 20, 2016 ---
    Woops, posted in wrong forum. Mods please move to iphone forum. Sorry

2. ksaipas macrumors newbie

Get it checked in an Apple Store. Apple replaced my partner's 6s which was exhibiting the same symptoms. Some sort of problem making the phone consume more power than normal even though the battery itself was ok. Hence they replaced the whole phone. Not just the battery.

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Not normal, but I would wait a week or two before coming to any judgments. Depending on what apps you have installed, and what you are restoring, you may just be experiencing high background usage from everything syncing. Photos, Dropbox, etc. all need to sync to a new phone. If you have a lot syncing/indexing, then that can cause the high temps and battery issues.

If it persists after this period, I would take it in.

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Agreed with NovemberWhiskey above. Same thing is happening with the Samsung S7 until things settle down. Heat from syncing probably the cause, not 100%. Give it a few days.

5. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

All my phones do that. When I got my Nexus 6 back in November, I thought it had the worst battery life ever since it was doing that same kind of stuff. I forced myself to wait it out and after about a week, the battery life leveled off since all the apps were finished syncing and indexing. Plus, if your phone doesn't stop doing this after 2 weeks and the return window has passed, you can still go exchange it because of Apple's excellent customer service.

6. vcof2005 macrumors member

I had no idea the new phone would do this. Ive sent a phone back for the short battery life when i purchased it.

7. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Agree.
    Wait a few days.