Upgraded G4 Cube, up for grabs...Cancelled

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jbarley, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbarley, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017

jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Sorry but I've had to cancel this Dutch Auction idea.

I have a G4 Cube, upgraded CPU,(1GHz) ram,(1.5GB) Video card, (Geforce 6200), SSD boot drive and a switchable 3 speed cooling fan, this lil’ puppy is what started me down this slippery-slope we all call PPC.
    Long story-short, it has been neglected for some time now, just long enough to make me feel guilty when I look at it sitting on the shelf, unused.
    I’ve decided to see if I can find it a new home, somewhere where it will be appreciated again.
    To this end I’m thinking of an “Auction”, not your normal (highest bid wins) type of auction, but a “Dutch” auction, where I set a starting price and then lower the price in daily increments until someone snags it.
    The winning bid would be the bid amount on that day plus shipping cost of $35.
    This shipping cost is an estimate, if it ends up less I’ll correct it, and if it goes over I’ll just “eat the overage”.

Unit comes complete with power supply and those little Cube “eye-ball” speakers.

So depending on how many might be interested in my auction, speak up and I’ll get the ball rolling.

DSCN3877.JPG Picture 3.png

Picture 1.png Picture 2.png

2. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Well, I'm always up for a good auction esp. for a well-done upgrade on my favorite model.

I'm in for it-and you know it will have a good home here if I end up winning!

3. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

4. dustinschings macrumors 6502

dustinschings

Amazing Cube man. I wish I could put in a bid, but I am lowww on PPC funds at the moment. GLWS!

5. Adamscomputerrepair macrumors 6502

Adamscomputerrepair

6. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

7. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68030

jbarley

I think the shipping cost and the chances of transit damage pretty much rule that out.

8. LAHegarty macrumors member

LAHegarty

If you use eBay GSP, they deal with loss or damage all you have to do is post it to the shipping centre.

9. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

Shipping prices have gone down over time, and insurance is often included, but fair enough. If someone was eager to buy it maybe it'd be worth it for them.

10. appleish19 macrumors regular

appleish19

I would definitely be interested in your cube. Looks nice.

11. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68030

jbarley

Notice: and please accept my apologies...(Thread title edited to reflect this change)
    My Dutch auction idea is not going to work, not because of lack of interest but more due to health issues on my part.
    As soon as I started to get exited and active with packing and obtaining shipping quotes etc, an ongoing issue I have with my 80yr old heart reared its ugly head, Atrial fibrillation (also called AFib or AF).
    This pretty much rules out doing anything even mildly physical, at least for some time.
    About all I can do is sit here in my chair and surf the web, forums etc, and keep in touch with my many friends.

12. appleish19 macrumors regular

appleish19

Health is always an important thing hope you're feeling better. Plus enjoy your cube for now :)

13. dustinschings macrumors 6502

dustinschings

I hope you get to feeling better. The Cube can always wait! Get well friend!

14. bobesch macrumors 6502a

bobesch

Get well soon!
    Best wishes,
    Bob

15. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.