upgraded Hard drive ...pulled files off old one. Now I have a question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by branjosef, Jul 12, 2009.

1. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

So I upgraded my Hard Drive in my macbook pro after the old one was having problems. I did a clean install of Leopard 10.5.6 and updated it to 10.5.7

I reinstalled all my apps and now I have a question. I was able to copy over all my miscellaneous documents from my original "Document" folder and such, but when I copied them over it seems anytime I want to move them on my new hard drive, I need to constantly provide my password. If I transfer a folder (that was from my old hard drive) from say my documents folder to the desktop, it copies it instead of just transferring it. I thought it had something to do with permissions, but when I open up "get info" I have access to read and write. I can open the files no problems, I just think its weird that I can't simply move them without providing my password. Also deleting any of them, I need to provide a password as well. Any suggestions on how to integrate them fully into my new OS environment? Are they not recognizing me as the owner of them? I cant seem to find anything on this.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Did you try repairing permissions on your drive in Disk Utility?