upgraded HDD and now can't install bootcamp???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by azunderg, Mar 30, 2010.

1. azunderg macrumors newbie

Upgraded my Macbook Pro HDD to 500gig/7200rpm, imaged the Mac side with carbon copy clone(Mac side works fine), tried to install bootcamp, any OEM windows disk is just spun and spit out, restored drive VIA time machine same thing, re-installed snow leopard same thing...

disk drive read any disks, but a windows operating disk and my windows disks can be read by other machines...

any suggestions???

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

that is an odd problem. which version of windows are you trying to install? is the version you're trying to install the same one you used before?

the new HDD probably isnt the problem. bootcamp creates a partition before you put the disc in so if that is working then its not your problem. if i were you i would start from scratch. totally erase everything, install snowleopard then immediately try installing windows. then restore the mac side with TM.

3. azunderg thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to erase disk and re-install/boot from disk. Everything was exactly the same on the laptop. I'm dropping it off today with macmatters.com I've spent so much time trying to solve this it's become a second job...

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

right well goodluck. let us know what they say the problem is. bootcamp issues are always finicky and its good to have as many answers as we can haha.