Upgraded - how to sell refurb jb 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by derrick2005, Jun 26, 2012.

1. derrick2005 macrumors regular

Further to my posts yesterday, I bit the bullet and got the new iPad - loving it. Quasar is awesome on it.

So now my question is how best to sell my iPad 2. I have a 16gb verizon refurb that I jailbroke. I'm thinking of ebaying it but how do I ensure that all my personal info is removed? Can I restore all settings and will jb remain? Also, if I sell it on eBay then does the 1 year warranty carry over? (don't have AppleCare).

I would welcome advice. Thanks

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

Dont even bother to jailbreak , just restore the iPad before selling, i dont think your going to get more money if is jailbroken , is not like is an apple tv 2 which is a pain to jailbreak, the iphone /ipad jailbreak thats out now is so easy to do

I sold my 16gb ipad 2 last month for $375

4. migdaddy macrumors 6502

Can someone find out if it's refurbished? For example if you sell it once the apple care is expired, do you advertise it Is refurbished used or just used? I have a refubished iPad 2 16 gb as well.

5. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Great question

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I believe the serial number indicates its refurb status.

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

8. migdaddy macrumors 6502

Im not into screwing someone over, but I would say the Majority of people buying used iPads wouldn't know that about the serial numbers. Would you guys advertise yours as refurbished used or jus used and not say anything about it being refurbished? Or be honest? I mean this thing has acted brand new..

9. Che Castro macrumors 603

Just put used & excellent condition , if that is true