Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
After upgrading to Leopord I was thinking what the hey i should upgrade ilife 08 so I did and now imovie, idvd, garage band, ichat, and iphoto, and the rest of the life don't work i click on them and then they just do nothing as if i didn't even click to load on them in the first place. what am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
After upgrading to Leopord I was thinking what the hey i should upgrade ilife 08 so I did and now imovie, idvd, garage band, ichat, and iphoto, and the rest of the life don't work i click on them and then they just do nothing as if i didn't even click to load on them in the first place. what am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Have you run software update?

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
YEs I did. That's the first thing I did after upgrading.

Update: Jsut found out that it is only imovie and ichat that do this. I don't know about iPhoto, but I know GArageBand and iDVD work fine.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Repair permission from Disk Utility on the HD -- if you've upgraded and haven't run it yet, it will take a long time.

Try "sudo update_dyld_shared_cache" from Terminal and then REBOOT -- changes don't take effect until restart.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
so for terminal i just type in that command and restart? And thanks I willl try it out ad reply again on the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.