Upgraded my unlocked iPod Touch to 3.1.1...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maclook, Sep 9, 2009.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

I lost Cydia and Installous. I realize I shouldn't have upgraded when iTunes asked me but it was an afterthought (i dont even know what 3.1.1 updates for my touch...). I still have the apps that I downloaded but i'm sure my Touch is no longer jailbroken. the thing that worries me the most is what i read in this article: "you will lose your ultrasn0w unlock. In fact you may lose it permanently..."
    http://gizmodo.com/5356107/jailbreakers-hold-off-on-iphone-os-31-until-dev+team-updates
    is it possible to restore my Touch to before the update or do i pretty much need to wait it out and see if solutions can be made

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    A. There is no 3.1.1 thanks dejo

B. You can't unlock an iPod touch to begin with. Don't worry.

You can put the device into DFU mode, and hold alt and click restore, and choose the 3.0 file, and then rejailbreak with redsn0w.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Tell that to my iPod touch running 3.1.1. (7C145)!

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Well your iPod touch can suck it! :p. I was never aware of the 3.1.1? is it instead of just plain 3.1? Thanks for correcting me. :D Damn iPods and their special firmware numbers.

5. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

a. i have 3.1.1
    b. oops i meant jailbroken

this is the first time i've updated my touch since i used redsn0w on it so i dont know how dumb of a move that was. i guess ill just try to jailbreak it with redsn0w again

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Just revert the firmware, or wait a few days/a week or so, for the Dev Team to update redsn0w for 3.1 & 3.1.1. I would just enjoy a stock iPod until then.

7. xsouldeath macrumors newbie

yeah, restore to 3.0 firmware using shift + click restore and it will prompt you to select the .ipsw to restore from.
    now it would be neat if you could image your entire ipod touch jailbroken into a .ipsw file.. minus music or whatever.