upgraded ot 2.21 now I'm not activated anymore?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bingalo, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bingalo macrumors newbie

Dango. I plugged my iphone in to my computer to charge it and iTunes tells me I should upgrade so i do. It upgrades (I backed up the old data) and then after it finshes it tells me i have to wait for activation? I've had the phone activated and in use for 6 months. WTF?

And all my apps both freebies and one's I've bought are gone. vamoosed. Al i wanted to do was charge the dang thing and now my phone is dead to use and all my apps and games are gone.

I really don't think it's operator error, as i didn't do anything weird. I just plugged it in and said yes to a software update.

When I pug it in to iTuens now it shows the phone by name, the serial, number the phone number all intact. It says it's up to date and all is well. I don't get it.

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Can you make calls? If so it's activated. You probably did a restore on it when it upgraded and it wiped your phone out and put 2.2.1. You'll need to resync to add your apps, music, video, etc.

3. chalalvi macrumors newbie

, bingalo, The same problem I had when I updated thru itunes last week, But my phone works with my local network, I can make and receive calls, nothing else. Could some one please shed some light, why itunes do this. Don't you think I paid for it. I didn't sign no contract when I purchased it, that itunes have right to freeze it anytime I update.