Upgraded speaker on 3rd Gen touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattwolfmatt, Sep 23, 2009.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I used to own a 2nd Gen touch. I ebayed it a couple months ago. Now I just got the 3rd Gen. Is it just me, or does the speaker sound much better on the 3rd Gen? The 2nd Gen seemed tinny and whimpy, this one is still tinny, but can get louder.

Maybe it's my imagination. Anyone have both devices side by side and can comment?

Thanks.

2. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I think you are right, my 3rd is louder and of a better quality than the one on my 2nd gen.:D

3. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

Never thought about it, but I think you're right. I set up the Touch 2G that my sister got in the Back to School promotion and watched a video using the speaker as the audio output. The same video on my new Touch 3G is louder than I remember hers being. Good deal!

4. illibball087 macrumors regular

5. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

Yeah! you guys are all right. The speaker on the 3RD Gen is louder & a bit more clearer. I could tell from the very beginning something different about the sound. Using my second Gen & my sisters 3rd gen we were able to come to conclusion that some sort of an upgrade was done in the sound dept.

However, that still isn't enough for me to go out and get a new one. I'm in for the long haul. I'd like a camera in mines as well. :D

6. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Interesting. I wonder why Apple didn't say anything about it.

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Probably didn't want to mention anything until they release an Ipod Touch w/ a camera...then they can say "Upgraded Speakers and NOW with a Camera!" :D

8. DocDoom macrumors regular

This is interesting...perhaps someone could post a video on youtube comparing the two. ?