Upgraded to 10.6 Cant Login

Discussion in 'macOS' started by atrljoe, Apr 16, 2010.

1. atrljoe macrumors member

I have two users on my computer "Joe" and a "User" account on my macbook, "Joe" has a password and "User" does not have a password, "Joe" is an Administrator and "User" is just a standard user. I just upgraded from 10.5 to 10.6 and when I login with the "Joe" when the macbook starts up it just hangs on the background of the login screen. But heres the tricky part, if I login in as "User" It loads up just fine, and then i can logoff and then I can login in as "Joe". I have removed everything from loading at startup from the "Joe" profile and have also ran the software update to make sure I wasnt missing any updates, I dont know what to do next if anyone can give me any advice I'd really appreciate it.

2. atrljoe thread starter macrumors member

Still no luck I have tried many things, does anyone have any ideas!!!

3. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

Boot from restore disc, run disk utility and fix permissions, have you tried that?

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Boot with the OS X install disk and when it shows a finder menu right before the install hunt in the top menu items to reset the Administrator password.

5. atrljoe thread starter macrumors member

Do I need the original Install disc 10.5 that came with my mac or the upgrade disc for 10.6? I hope not the 10.6 disc cause that it at my parents house right now and would require a lengthy drive or at very least mailing it taking a few days.

Thanks for your help guys

6. myuserid08 macrumors 6502