upgraded to 2.2, now apps are hidden....can i get some help please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hoobustank13, Nov 23, 2008.

1. hoobustank13 macrumors newbie

so i just upgraded to the new 2.2 firmware. my phone was unlocked prior and had my apps set up in folders through the catagories app. after i updated the firmware, the apps that were in the folders are now missing. i cant SSH to see if they are stuck in a catagories folder and move them because im not seeing the cydia or installer app icons. those too were in folders. i tried the new quickpwn at least 6 times to the "T", so im sure i did it correctly, but like i assume, they are there, just not able to show up on the homescreen. i tried going into the app store and re-downloading some of the apps i had, but it just says "installed". so i cant click it. i had this trouble last time when i updated to 2.1, but i cant seem to remember what i did, i kinda just stumbled accross a solution.

any ideas? im usually able to find an answer to my problems on here but alas this is the first time i cant find one. well i found one post but there were no replies yet. soo....anyone got a clue?:confused:

2. XTÜch tHe gOdX macrumors newbie

XTÜch tHe gOdX

I feel your pain..same f**king problem. Sorry,no advise. If you find a solution, message me! Plz!

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think I've heard people say that setting safari / app store / you tube restrictions on, then off fixed this problem.

If that doesn't work, you may need to restore as new.

And might I suggest you never put Cydia into a folder, or hide it. If you can access Cydia, you can fix most anything...

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

if you have used an app that "hides" apps then your restore from a backup with these apps hidden they will still be hidden your gonna have to set up as a new phone or back up from a point in which you didnt have the icons hidden.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    go into settings>general>reset>reset homescreen layout. Problem solved.

6. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

nope doesnt work...im a douche like the OP and had my phone jailbroken and updated to 2.2.1 and now my camera isnt available. tried what you said and it didnt work. probably gonna just rest the entire phone while im sleeping and redo it all.

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

After restoring you should be able to set up as a new phone. This can be pain staking to start from scratch but it's your fault for not following the warning that pops up the first time you open categories. In case you forgot about it, it goes a little like this:

WARNING: Categories is a very powerful and useful app but can be very dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing then don't use it!

Can't you just open SBPrefs? Or do you not have that installed. You can try Pwnage Tool in Expert Mode and select it to include SBPrefs in the .ipsw.

David

8. Norseman macrumors newbie

Norseman

This is what worked for me. Now I don't know if it's because I did it in this order ...or I just got lucky ...but here's what happened:

I was reading the posts and I tried

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Home Screen Layout

...but all it did was rearrange the icons that were already displayed - not "un hide" the ones that had been left in the folders when my phone was jailbroke.

So then I went

Settings -> General -> Restrictions

and I enabled them. Next I disabled Restrictions. When I went back to the Home Screen, all my hidden icons were present!

Thanks guys!