Upgraded to 3.1.3, phone re-locked.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kopart, Jun 25, 2010.

1. kopart macrumors newbie

Help!

My phone was activated and unlocked. I had to run it on blackra1n everytime I connected my phone to the computer. But it was fine. I was able to use an unregistered sim without a data plan. And then I accidentally upgraded.

I’ve tried restoring it with various custom IPSW files from different programs (I’ve even tried 3.1.0, 3.1.1, 3.1.2, and IOS 4) but my phone refuses to restore or restore unlocked. It still keeps asking for a valid sim. Sometimes, iTunes tells me that the “device isn’t eligible for the requested build”. I can’t use redsn0w because no matter what IPSW I try to use with it, it cannot be recognized. Sn0wbreeze did not work either. I’ve tried on both a MAC and a PC.

According to forecast, my phone can be jailbroken but not unlocked. Bootloader is 6.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. kopart thread starter macrumors newbie

My phone just won't budge!

I just need to get it working like an IPod touch again!

3. tomjdavies macrumors member

www.iphoneunlockuk.com

they seem to know a fair amount, my friends iphone 3g was doing a similar thing and they sorted, although there is a fee. what network are you on?

4. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Never pay for a jailbreak/unlock. Do you have a 3G or 3GS?

5. kopart thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually paid for another program through the blackra1n.biz site...I'd link to it but the site doesn't seem to be working right now!

Anyways, it was activated for me in the Philippines and I was able to use my Canadian sim from the Fido network on it.

I've even tried borrowing somebody's sim with a data plan from the Rogers network but to avail. Even that sim was unrecognized :confused:

6. kopart thread starter macrumors newbie

Boy have I learned the hard way...I bought it from the Unlock 4 Team.

I have a 3Gs.

7. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Unless you have your shsh blob stored on cydia, your stuck

8. kopart thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I even access cydia?

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

How does one "accidentally" perform a 15-20 minute upgrade on an iPhone ?

10. tomjdavies macrumors member

I paid them £20 to unlock the first gen iPhone when nothing else would work, and it was done in under 10 minutes with their software. They've also helped my friend too. It's not a bad thing that they offer full support once you've paid them, legally they're obliged to solve the problem

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So what you're saying is that since you paid them to void your warranty, they are legally obligated to offer you support for your now-voided iPhone?

That makes a lot of sense.

BTW. Straight from Geohot himself when he made the 3.1.2 jailbreak:

In short, you just paid somebody to use free tools to jailbreak/unlock your phone, that you could have done yourself in less than 10 minutes time. And seeing that those tools are available as is, with no allotment for support, who knows what you paid for..

OP, all you need to do is update to 3.1.3, which you said you did. Jailbreak with Spirit, unlock with the latest ultrasn0w. Done. Works flawlessly on my iPhone 3G, and took less than 1/2 an hour.

BL.

12. HopelessSoul macrumors newbie

I am in the same boat, how did u get over it at the end ?!

13. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

as said previously in this thread (good reading abilities) you need an SHSH blob stored for the FW you would like to restore to.

14. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Don't anyone have any doubt. iphoneunlockuk is a scam. Jody Sanders is a crook. If it can't be unlocked by the free tools that you find via this forum, then it can't be unlocked by them. If it can be, all you get from them is the privilege of paying for those free tools. They are liars and cheats. They're not the only ones, it seems to be a good business model for conning people out of their money.

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

And somewhat successful based on the posts in this thread indicating some are paying for unlocks which they could do for free.

The sad part is those same posters seem to think these unlock scamers have some unlock tool or method which we in the jailbreak community don't have.

Sad :eek: