Upgraded to 4.3.3 and the iPhone is dead. Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by soamz, May 12, 2011.

1. soamz macrumors 6502a

Hi..
    One of my friend got his iPhone 4 from UK few months back. It was jailbroken one.

I was unaware of it and I updated it to 4.3.3 today.
    Now, its not ready to accept the sim card.

What do we do now ?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Is the iPhone factory unlock or software unlock? If it software unlock and you upgraded it to apple official firmware 4.3.3, you have erased the unlocked on the phone and now it locks and therefore, you can't use local sim in India.

3. soamz thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Jailbreak and unlock are two different things. You only jailbreak the phone.

What is the baseband on the phone? If you upgrade to this latest firmware, the baseband should be 04.10. You can't unlock this baseband at the moment.

If the phone came from UK, ask your friend to call the official carrier and see if they can unlock it fir him with a small fee.

5. soamz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, we installed the latest 4.3.3.

Now, just installed Ultrasn0w deom Cydia to unlock it, but still no network.

I guess, your word about baseband is true :(

Ok, is there a way to downgrade the Apple software , so I can jailbreak and unlock it ?

6. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Yes and no. If you have saved the shsh blobs using Cydia or TinyUmbrella, you can downgrade. But the baseband is not downgradable, so even if you downgrade the iOS, you can't unlock..

If it's from the UK, maybe you can get it unlocked at the provider of the iPhone.