Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1zach4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
So my wife and I were eligible for upgrades and both got new 4S's.

Today, I called AT&T Premier support to get our phones activated and they seemed to have no clue that I had ordered a 4S for my wife (even though I had it in my hand)

The CSR said I still had an upgrade for that line and "Haha let's not say that too loud"

What should I do with this upgrade? I'm thinking I should just save it for an emergency in case my wife does something to destroy her phone...any ideas?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
So my wife and I were eligible for upgrades and both got new 4S's.

Today, I called AT&T Premier support to get our phones activated and they seemed to have no clue that I had ordered a 4S for my wife (even though I had it in my hand)

The CSR said I still had an upgrade for that line and "Haha let's not say that too loud"

What should I do with this upgrade? I'm thinking I should just save it for an emergency in case my wife does something to destroy her phone...any ideas?

save it for the next iPhone

1zach4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Forgot to mention that wireless.att.com also shows that line as still being eligible for an upgrade AND shows that the phone on that line is indeed the 4S. Not sure how this slipped through the cracks, but I thought it was hilarious that the CSR was told about the mistake (by myself) and told me to keep quiet about it lol

----------

save it for the next iPhone

I'm thinking that is probably what I will do.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
lol, T-Mobile had a site glitch like that once. I remember some dude on howardforums bought like 3 vibrants before getting shut down. :D

jkang5

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
I'm seeing the same thing on my account for both lines in my family plan even though I upgraded to 4S on both lines.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Get another one and sell it immediately. Put the profit toward buying the next iPhone fully unlocked/off contract.

Thats better than saving the upgrade, because if you save it you will have to resign another 2 year agreement to use it (assuming they don't discover the glitch in the next few days and take away the upgrade!).

Where as if you have cash money to buy the next iPhone off contract/unlocked, you will have freedom of which carrier to use AND you won't have to resign a contract, so you will maintain that freedom longer. And freedom is always good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.