Upgraded to iOS5 untethered jailbreak, now no apps work; HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RedPwnerRanger, Dec 28, 2011.

1. RedPwnerRanger macrumors member

So I patiently waited for the iOS5 untethered jailbreak to be released, and I restored and re-jailbroke yesterday from an untethered 4.3.1 JB. Everything has gone smoothly; my pictures, apps, contacts, music, etc. has all been preserved, and I've re-configured everything to my liking. All my stock apps and jailbreak apps are working fine, but none of my 3rd-party apps are working :/ I try to open one of them, and it just stalls for about 10 seconds and then crashes.

I've looked a little for a solution, and people said to go download a free app from the App Store, and I did that but it did nothing to fix the problem. I'd love for a solution if anyone else is aware of one, or atleast confirmation that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Btw, I've an iPhone 4. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

2. phantom501 macrumors newbie

i just made a similar topic lol. same thing has been happening to me, i run the jailbreak sequence again but that only temporarily solves the problem.

3. RedPwnerRanger thread starter macrumors member

haha thank God someone else is experiencing this. I hadn't seen anyone else say anything yet so I was beginning to think it may have been something I particularly downloaded or whatever. Though that probably is the problem, lol

4. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Maybe be more specific about which 3rd party apps in particular no longer work? Or is it really ALL of them? I doubt it. You two probably both have the same (1) app that sucks with the new jb, right?:p;)

5. RedPwnerRanger thread starter macrumors member

Facebook, Twitter, foursquare, MSNBC News, BlueLetterBible, Skype, Instagram, among others. Althrough randomly, ReadItLater worked and Foursquare worked one. But upon re-attempting to open it, it did the same thing it already. I've re-springed and hard reset about a hundred times now, haha.

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

You say you re-jb'ed yesterday- have you installed the Corona fix in Cydia? Some folks were having launchctl problems with the old redsn0w. You know that redsn0w 0.9.10b2 was released today to replace/ update 10b1 and fix the issue as well? All you have to do to update is search and install Corona.. this might help you?

7. RedPwnerRanger thread starter macrumors member

thanks, I attempted that but it had no effect. I believe that's supposed to be fixing problems with Cydia, and I've had no problem with Cydia or any of my jailbreak apps. I'm gonna try running redsn0w 0.9.10b2 over my jailbreak (redsn0w 0.9.10b1), although I'm skeptical it will have any effect, either.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

I rejailbroke today with redsn0w 0.9.10b2 however Tweetbot, twitter, Ibooks and a few others aren't working. Tweetbot not working is the worst. As I understand it if you jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.10b2 there is no need to install Corona. I'm looking for solutions as well. I had no issues with the tethered jailbreak.

9. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

The more I read about this the less I want JB my phone. I seriously think I'm done with that.

10. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm in the same boat. 3rd party apps don't work

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

spotify isn't working rather as of right now I'm regretting going from the tethered to the untethered jailbreak. All the above was working fine. I'm hoping for a fix soon.

12. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

It seems odd. All of my 84 third party apps work exactly as they always have. You guys try deleting and then reinstalling the affected apps instead of iTunes backup?

13. RedPwnerRanger thread starter macrumors member

So I've just restored and rejailbroken my phone, with redsn0w 0.9.10b2. Everything is working fine, and I've re-installed everything I did before, except for OpenSSH. I don't know why, I just felt like that was perhaps involved in the problem in some way. Probably not, but either way, my third party apps are working again. So, if it must come down to it, a restore and rejailbreak should do the trick.

14. phantom501 macrumors newbie

i had spire installed and after i removed it everything worked fine, so maybe that was it?

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

Spire for sure causing issues. I deleted and reinstalled effected apps to fix the issue. Then I decided to play with spire. As soon as it Installed I had problems. I uninstalled spire and the issue went away. Fun playing with though. I found some proxies but never got Siri working a 100%. Might try again if chpwn fixes the bugs.