Upgraded To iPad Pro... Great Price!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Brett1203, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

So my wife has the 1st gen iPad Air with Verizon and I talked her into ordering the new 9.7 iPad Pro, so she ordered the Rose Gold, no Best Buy in town has them in stock so hers will be here today, and I have the Wifi only iPad Air 2 so she went into Best Buy and picked up a new 9.7 iPad Pro for me in Gold so I could have a cellular one as well, Best Buy sells them for $729 BUT if you get the cellular one and they activate it, it drops to $629... No shocker there, BUT when they activated it and scanned it for her to pay mine came up at $529!! ($80 less than the wifi only version) the guy at Best Buy looked at the register for a second she said and pondered it, and said to her "Well, thats what it rings up as" so we got it for $529!!! Both of ours obviously are the 32g.

I told my wife when hers comes in today she needs to take the reciept for mine and if they charge her $629 for hers, she needs to show them last nights reciept and have them match it.

Pretty excited. Now today I get to sell our 2 iPads :)

2. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

This true tone display is so nice, now when I open my email on my iPhone and open it on here, the 2 side by side are so different.

3. Cinab1mt macrumors regular

So they had a "$100 off activation of a new device deal"?...how were you able to get an additional $100 knocked off?

4. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

We have no idea, the guy scanned it and thats what came up, Like I said, she told me he looked a little surprised but he didn't question it, so we got lucky I guess.

Her iPad pro came in tonight, so I told her to take my receipt with her so when they ring it up for $729, then they will deduct $100 for the activation, I told her they need to give her it at the same price since the only difference between the 2 will be the color.

I was pretty excited when she showed me the receipt when she got home.

5. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

6. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

That's a pretty good deal. iPad Pro 9.7" would be pretty much the same price as certified refurb iPad Air 2 with this (I'm paying for service regardless). Wonder if this deal is still active?

8. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

if you activate it Best Buy it drops a $100? this legit?

9. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

This was 2 days ago for me, and my wife is picking hers up today so Ill let you know

10. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Doesn't Best Buy offer a trade in program? Sure, you can hunt for a buyer and eventually get a few more 10's of dollars. But if you are already rolling up the discounts, the quick bird-in-the-hand convenience factor makes up for the extra effort of getting every last cent out of a unit that you no longer plan to use IMO. YMMV.

11. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Typically yes $100 but for mine it was $200 (They advertise $629 if you activate there) but mine was $529
    --- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2016 ---
    Bad thing is though, its not typically just a small difference if you trade in, you can usually get around $80+ more by selling verse trading in.

12. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

As I said, a few 10's of dollars assuming that you can find a buyer that will pay that and that you don't get bilked. Of course YMMV, I get that. I've racked up a pretty good Ebay/CL history over the years. But for items and situations like this, that difference in exchange for for the convenience of getting on with my life and not having to find a buyer, arrange shipping, and so on is worth it. Even more so when I am already rolling up the discounts. But that's just me. Enjoy your new device.

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Best Buy's trade in calculator offered me $186 for a mint condition 64GB Air 2 Wifi. That's just hilarious.

14. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Thats why I do not trade them in, they low ball you bad, just like those sites that buy your used electronics. If you are like me and take great care of the devices and they are in great shape, it snot just a couple $10's difference as the other guy was saying, its typically a big difference and to me worth selling it. But everyone has their own way of doing things and thats okay.

15. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Best Buy's trade-in values are hit-or-miss. Sometimes (rarely) they offer surprisingly high trade-in values on devices (like the Surface 2). I got more for mine on a trade-in (1-2 years ago) than I could've gotten selling it on eBay.

16. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

iPads are such a saturated market vs something like the surface tablets so I assume that is what makes it so harsh to

17. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Did you have to agree to a 2-yr contract when you activated?

18. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Did you sign up for a New Contract with Verizon because thats their standard deal. $529 with 2 year Contract I got Sprint to match it on my LTE version.

IF not then Best Buy stocked LTE versions and is selling them as is with out contracts If so, move fast on this. You might have til early AM tommorrow before Corporate lets them know.

19. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Yup it's with Verizon and that's exactly what it was, still very happy with that price. Just picked my wife's rose gold one a hour ago.