upgraded to iTunes 9.0.3 & now can't authorize

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rassoodock, Feb 6, 2010.

1. rassoodock macrumors member

I upgraded to iTunes 9.0.3 over a week ago and get this message every time I try to re-authorize my purchases. Am I doing something wrong or is it the iTunes store? Help!

Attached Files:

2. lefooey macrumors member

3. rassoodock thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I tried it and it worked perfectly. You rule!

4. ajriggy macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem since updating to the newer itunes.
    It's particularly infuriating when trying to update my 5th Gen ipod.
    Have tried all apple's 'fixes' but none of them seem to work for me deleting the SC folder works for a while but when i next boot the laptop up again it goes back to the old 'authorize this computer' thing.

does anyone else have any ideas?
    are other people having as bad a time with this update? cos this has never happened to me before with an itunes update and the amount it's happening now is just plain pissing me off.

5. splitpea macrumors 6502a

I just encountered this problem. Deleting the iTunes preference file fixed it.

6. Damo01 macrumors regular

Receive this strange issue after I ungraded to iTunes 9.03. you can see these fixes from here Although I think it only a temporally fix since the error did came back. Have to wait until next version iTunes 9.0.4 when apple has addressed this issue

7. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

This is very frustrating. After a couple of emails, an iTunes rep suggested a lengthy procedure of uninstalling everything associated with iTunes, then reinstalling. Not painful, but a bit time consuming. Everything seemed to work fine at first, then the same -42408 error message returned.

Hope Apple fixes this soon.

mt

8. dingster1 macrumors regular

Ok glad I'm not the only one suffering with this error! Removing the Sc files did nothing for me either!

9. Damo01 macrumors regular

Why fix something that isn't broken in previous version of iTunes? Oh wait what happens with the latest version?
    This error occurs? This is new one.

I do think that this new error would be effecting everyone who upgraded to iTunes 9.0.3