Upgraded to Leopard and now have mail problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Piemonte, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Piemonte macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone

I have just upgraded to Leopard ( not snow leopard) from Tiger, and everything seems fine, except my mailboxes in mail have disappeared, although they are still on my web based mobile me account.

On the left hand side I have Mailboxes ( greyed out and not working), On my Mac ( greyed out and not working) and RSS feed ( greyed out and not working).

When I try to open a new mailbox from the menu system, I can but the options are for it to be placed on my mobileme account or on my Mac in a "Delivered" folder, which I can't find on my mac anyway

If anybody can give me any advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if this will help you, but try rebuilding one of your mail folders (if you have more then one, whichever one is giving your problems). I had a problem yesterday where some of the mail in certain mail folders was grayed out for whatever odd reason. It simply happened out of the blue.

I rebuilt the mail folder that contained the grayed out messages and it fixed my problem. I'm not sure it will fix yours or if is even related.

The rebuild option is under mailbox located in the mail menu.

Hope it helps.