Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Upgraded to Series 4

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Awesome. I too have upgraded to the series 4 (Alu) in the past weeks. I just bought my first Apple Watch (SS Space black series 3) in March/April, but couldn’t pass up a good deal that was offered.
Overall I’m Happy I upgrading also

Last edited:
Reactions: jwolf6589
Comment

jwolf6589

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Awesome. I too have upgraded to the series 4 (Alu) in the past weeks. I just bought my first Apple Watch (SS Space black) in March/April, but couldn’t pass up a good deal that was offered.
Overall I’m Happy I upgrading also

Just sold my 2 for $100. Best Buy only wanted to give me $25 so I went to CraigsList.

Reactions: Dopestar
Comment

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
$100 for an s2 is a great deal. Win-win for both parties. It’s always better to sell privately, but a lot riskier. So meeting up in public area and with a partner/friend is always recommended

Comment

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
I upgraded to a series 4 today. Boy its much faster, larger screen, more memory, and a much nicer device. Thank you Apple!

Damn, stop making me want to upgrade to the series 4 from my series 0 already! :confused:

Reactions: Dopestar
Comment

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
Series 2 was getting kind of sluggish with Watch OS 5. Series 4 is super fast.

Series 0 didn't get the update to watchOS 5, and system features like notifications, music controls, the control center and the watch faces with their complications still work quite well. Using third party apps is pretty much impossible though, not that there are a lot of them available. I think I'll just wait it out until series 5 is released. The Hermés one I want isn't available to order for quite some time now too, which makes waiting a lot easier.

Comment

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
I did it 3 days ago 0 -> 4.

Cannot express my wonder when I tried "Hey Siri" after raising wrist and I was pleasantly reminded that I no longer need that. Also the brightness, large screen, fast app load blew me away.

Thanks to those guys at Apple from me too..

Reactions: jwolf6589
Comment

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012

Cannot express my wonder when I tried "Hey Siri" after raising wrist and I was pleasantly reminded that I no longer need that. Also the brightness, large screen, fast app load blew me away.

Haha yeah, Siri is unusably slow on the first gen watch. Congrats on the upgrade!

Reactions: jwolf6589 and Sajal
Comment

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado

I also just love it when i click WORKOUT program and it takes 5 minutes to load. Also upgraded to S4 from S0 a month ago. S0 became frustrating to use; OK to use as notification watch, but for anything else, it became a drag to use literally!

Comment

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2014
I lost my Series 3 during a move last March, so I was planning to wait for the Series 5. However, I got tired of waiting and picked up an aluminum 44mm (GPS only) Series 4 on Amazon during last week's Prime Day for $360. It's a significant improvement over Series 3, with the larger display (and the new watch faces to go along with it), ECG function and the increased processing speed.

Comment

Morrissey

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2018
San Diego, California
The Watch S0 had the same processor from the first iPad 2... I had a problem with Siri on the first Watch, I felt it very sluggish, so I called Apple Support, they told me that the processor was the same that the iPad 2, and the next day I returned it, it was so bad the first Watch OS, that felt like using a beta software.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.