Upgraded to Snow Leopard and now gestures do not work!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by agheler, Nov 1, 2009.

1. agheler macrumors newbie

Just finally upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.1 on my Macbook Pro and now the swiping gestures do not work on the trackpad OR the new Magic Mouse. They will both still scroll, but no 3 finger or 4 finger swiping for back and forth or pinching to zoom. They have always worked until now. I also downloaded the Magic Mouse update. Anyone have this issue??

2. Aniday macrumors regular

Did you happen to look in your trackpad/mouse preferences?

3. agheler thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course.

Most definitely.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Two things:

1. Go into a different User account on your Mac and see if gestures/Magic Mouse works. (If you don't have one, temporarily make a the Guest account available). If it does work on a different account, your preference files are corrupt.

2. Repair Permissions

5. agheler thread starter macrumors newbie

Dude, you just fixed my problem. I'm serious. I did not have to even repair permissions, as soon as I logged out of the Guest account, it started working. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Can the data deleting bug still affect the op? If op don't use a guest account until 10.6.2

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

No problem!

Just incase you didn't know, make sure you log back into your account and delete your preference files. (Which are in MACINTOSH HD:USERS:HOME FOLDER:LIBRARY:pREFERENCES). I don't know which preference files to delete though (maybe someone can chime in).

8. agheler thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it happened again! Anyone know what to delete in preferences so this stops happening?

9. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You've been trying to solve this since Nov. 1st. It might be better to reinstall the OS.