Upgraded to the 3G model =)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by qpid360, May 27, 2010.

1. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I've had the WiFi model since launch and have tried to track down a 3G model since launch. I eventually ended up on the waiting list and it finally came in yesterday.

The manager at my local Apple store, who was smoking hot BTW, allowed me to upgrade despite being way beyond the return period and waived the restocking fee.

This thing is 100x more useful when it can access the web anywhere.

2. Dapper macrumors member

Definitely worth the extra change for the GPS alone.

3. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

With regards to the GPS, it's a nice function to have but I doubt I'll be using it much since I already use TomTom on my 3GS.

BTW, how many managers are there per Apple Store? I've dealt with other managers in that store before and I swear it's a different one everytime I go in.

4. Ipadq macrumors member

Do they allow you to trade-in after the 10- day return period? Has anyone else been able to do this? With all the supply shortage and not-more-than-2-per-customer rule, I would have thought they wouldn't even entertain the notion.

5. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

They normally don't do it. My issue is that, when the 3G models came out, I left my phone number for a manager to call me back regarding the swap, but no one ever called me back. The week after, I went in to the store and spoke to a manager (not the girl), who told me he would be willing to do it but that they wouldn't have stock for a while anyway. Following that, I swapped my WiFi iPad due to dust under the screen at which point I reserved a 3G iPad. They told me to bring in my model once it comes in and they will see if it would still be possible to swap it out.

So in the end, I'm grateful that they were more than willing to still accept a trade-in, considering I've had the WiFi model for nearly two months. It really just depends on the managers at individual stores. They will take it on a case by case basis.