upgraded whitebook or blackbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bc008, Sep 26, 2007.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

Well on Saturday im ordering my macbook!

i really do want black, but 130 dollars for a color seems a bit off.

it would be the middle whitebook w/ upgraded HD
    blackbook with no upgrades

this is all with an education discount so that is where i get the 130 dollars. (apple gives slight discounts on upgraded HDs, ram, etc.

so what should i do? thanks! also, i want to transfer files back and fourth from my macbook to my imac, so what type of firewire cable to i need? to macbooks have fw800 or just 400? thanks a lot!

EDIT:
    i decided to go with a refurb macbook pro! totally not what i was going to do in the first place, but am extremely excited about the bigger screen, backlit keyboard, and all of the obvious upgrades!

2. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

3. robPOD macrumors 6502

WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTT???????????? Are you Mad!

4. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

5. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Can we really answer the question of whether or not you want the BlackBook that badly?

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you really want a black macbook, i say you should go for it. you can always upgrade the ram and hard drive later, but you can't ever upgrade a color without having to purchase a whole new computer. ram is cheap, and hard drives will continue to fall in price. sure, you pay more, but you also get what you're wanting.

7. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

MacBooks only have FW400, btw. For FW800, you need to step up to the MBP.

8. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

x2.

How could we know how much the black color is worth to YOU? Both finishes have pros and cons (search), but ultimately the decision is purely personal. You gotta make this decision yourself..

9. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I went for black, don't regret it and certainly never think about the extra money I could have potentially saved.

10. mox123 macrumors 6502

i thought macbook will be upgraded to aluminum though when Leopard comes out, no?

so why buy now? Personally i prefer white....why pay extra $$$ so your laptop would look like a generic PC one from seven years back....

what are the pro's and con's of white vs black in terms of materials?

11. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I was in the same dilemma about a year ago. At first I ended up with a white MB cause I didn't have enough funds for a blackbook but once I did, I immediately sold the whitebook for a blackbook. I love both but I love the MBP more :(

12. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Think about what you would sacrifice if you paid the extra for the black and determine if it is worth it. For example, if you bought the white macbook you could also get a iPod Nano or an Airport Express and an Apple Remote or new wireless keyboad and mighty mouse or...

13. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

If you like Apple style go for the white, it'll match all your accessories better.

14. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I'm confused. Your sig says "Macbook Pro ORDERED" but you're going to order another laptop (Macbook)?! Are you made out of money?

15. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

actually no.
    im only 14, and i payed for half of the macbook pro by myself, the other half was my christmas present. (really early, but i wont complain when i dont get anything at christmas ;) )

but yea, i got a refurb MBP instead of a MB or BlackBook.