Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SparkFlash

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
I am a Verizon customer. My contract was up 9/6. So when it was time to grab my iPhone 7+ I chose to just do the extended 2 year option for a cheaper cost. I reserved my iPhone online at an apple store and then went locally and picked it up.

I am now with it a couple weeks, and my Verizon account shows the new phone yet it still says, "Upgrade eligible". And my contract still shows as expired last month.

What gives? This happen to anyone else? Did I get crazy lucky and pay the 2 year contract cost, but somehow not get the contract?

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
Have you gotten a new bill cycle yet? Maybe that's why?

Btw the 2 year contract is not the that much cheaper than the payment plan. If I'm not wrong your line access per line is $40. When you do the payment plan it goes down to $20. So $480 for the 2 years plus what you pay upfront for the phone. Plus on the payment plan you upgrade every year vs 2 years.

puglover333

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
Have you gotten a new bill cycle yet? Maybe that's why?

Btw the 2 year contract is not the that much cheaper than the payment plan. If I'm not wrong your line access per line is $40. When you do the payment plan it goes down to $20. So $480 for the 2 years plus what you pay upfront for the phone. Plus on the payment plan you upgrade every year vs 2 years.

Unless you have a grandfathered plan that doesn't have a line access fee. I have a "loyalty" plan - no line access fee. For me - it is cheaper to stay on contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.