Upgrades and constant restarting...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kathy25ellen, Nov 22, 2007.

1. kathy25ellen macrumors newbie

Hello, I apologize if people have dealt with this before, but I'm freaking out. I just bought my MacBook about five months ago and have not upgraded until today. When I did, it asked me to push the restart button or just hold down the power button to restart my computer.

I had no idea I even had a restart button, so I powered down.
    Since then, everytime I turn on my Macbook it says I need to restart again. I gave it a rest for about ten minutes, and the next time a lot of computer looking wording came up. I saw panic and kernel mostly.

I have nothing else plugged into my macbook right now, and I had nothing additional added to it except limewire and Office, but those have been on there for a while.

If anyone could help, that would be awesome. I'm home for the holiday and away from my software, but other members of my family who live here have macbooks (older ones).

Anything would be helpful. I'm really scared and hope I don't lose everything.

Thanks.
    Kathy Ellen

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. kathy25ellen thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure

It was a lot of things in one...about ten different updates for programs...I know Idvd was in there, and Iphoto, and Itunes. I've upgraded before and never had problems...I'm thinking about just taking it to a mac store near me and asking them for help.

4. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski