Upgrades for business suggestion

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Batkins96, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Batkins96 macrumors newbie

Hi we have been Mac users for 13 years. I am the it(no education) manager for a catering company. We mainly use our 2009 iMac for contracts, inventory, and personal use since it's a home based business. Our current mac is used by 3 people. So here's my issue are business is expanding rapidly thus causing the iMac to slow down considerably. We need more memory what do we looked at upgrading internal memory but there are none for the iMac. So what would you suggest? An new Mac, extended hard drive and RAID it to the current computer.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

What do you mean by "We need more memory what do we looked at upgrading internal memory but there are none for the iMac"? You have the maximum amount of RAM for your particular model?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Is this just one machine that everybody will use? If you need more storage space, I would just add an external USB3 hard drive in whatever size you need.

Your 2009 does not have USB3, so the speeds external drive will not be very fast, but for smaller files it will work fine.

If you want something faster, you could get a Firewire external drive that is supported by your iMac.