Upgrades for New Mac Book

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by R1Dragon, Dec 6, 2008.

1. R1Dragon macrumors newbie

I was wondering when the new Mac Book will be upgraded:confused:, and what the possible upgrades may be? I am focused on this product since it is portable and offers considerable features as I am a student and also do outdoor photography.I will be using Office and Photoshop primarily.
    Also any idea if snow lepard will be a offering.Thanks to everyone, I just wanted to let you all know the responses are just too cool. :D

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No updates until Q3 2009. It just happened. Buy now.

3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Probably not until in mid-late 2009..Besides these just came out not too long ago...

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Snow leopard is rumored to drop by the end of Q1 2009. Hardware changes are unlikely.

5. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

As it is new all you will get is a bit more speed and a bigger HDD, nothing to warrant not buying it now.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Fixed. It's coming out at WWDC.

7. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

You've probably got ages to wait until the new MacBook comes out. I think that snow leopard will come out before hardware is updated. At that point they'll update them to running snow leopard but the hardware will remain the same.

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

Right... They said "about a year" at the conference in 2008. That means that it should be out by sometime in 2010 by their standards.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Geez. You push one OS back by six months and people start thinking you've adopted Microsoft's release schedule...

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

Multiple OS releases, rather, and a boatload of hardware over the years. Someone at work is an ADC member and has the current build of 10.6 and it is pretty bad still. There's too much to be worked out in six months to get it out on time.

As for the OP, just buy it now. You can always upgrade the OS, but frankly, there's really not much new to 10.6 other than faster speed. 10.5 has been fine for me in terms of performance, so I wouldn't really worry about the next one quite yet.

11. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

That usually takes a few months, they'll just ship them with Leopard and an upgrade disc...

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

7.5 doesn't count. :p

Weeks.