Upgrades from 3g to 3gs only

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevingaffney, Jun 22, 2009.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

I'm due an upgrade in about two weeks and will be getting a 32 gig 3gs as a fathers day pressie from my kids. My question is directed at those of you who upgraded from a 3g to a 3gs and your impressions. I've read most of the reviews, but they seem to be mainly from people upgrading from original iphone to 3gs which would obviously be a huge leap forward.
    Don't think this exact thread has been covered

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

Well, there are many customers that purchased the iPhone 3G last year and are not eligible for an upgrade until Dec - Mar of next year based on a July 11, 2008 purchase. That really cuts down on the iPhone 3G to 3G S comments to some extent...:(

I guess that if you have upgraded your 3G to OS 3.0 you will not see much difference in function except for SPEED, Battery % and Voice control on the device for SPEED. Thats about all I noticed so far...;)

Dave

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Voice control is the killer app for me. Super easy to use and works well. The worst part of the iphone used to be actually using it as a phone. It could take 3-4 clicks to dial a number. Much faster now!

4. titaniummd macrumors member

I had the use of the 3G for about 2 weeks.

Battery life, cellular signal, speed of loading apps and turning on the unit are faster. Voice recognition is awesome - even for atypical names.

I am not too impressed with the Video Camera or Camera.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Don't think you really tried searching the forum then

People going from 3G --> 3GS has been talked about extensively here.

6. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

I realise that has been talked about extensively but mixed mainly with people switching from original iphone to 3gs. As I pointed out at the outset, that doesn't apply to me therefore not interested in the majority of those posts

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

There are many 3G --> 3GS threads without the 2g upgraders.

8. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not finding answers on any threads since Fridays launch date to my original post. Time to look elsewhere methinks

9. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I have 3 iphone 3gs in my business plan and have upgraded 2 of them for the iphone 3gs. I love the phone more now as it is much faster, video recording is fantastic, battery life better. But also having a 32gb is great as I now have all my Gavin and Stacey series on my ipod.

I think the upgrade is worth it even form the 3G version, batter percentage indicator is also very handy, I can not put my finger on it, but definatly worth it.