Upgrades on my harddrive?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by itsnumber4, Sep 30, 2008.

1. itsnumber4 macrumors newbie

okay, so im not new to mac, but i am retarded in the catergories of gigs, MBs all that stuff. heres my question.

i have a first gen 15'' macbookpro and i upgraded to 2gb and thats the highest i can go with the first gen, and it has 80 space and i go alot of recording, and design, but im just now getting all my design software and ive only got 13 something space left and im wondering if i just shelled out the dough and got a new harddrive of 500 i should be good for a long time, right?
    and im kind asking if thats what will give me more space, is a new harddrive?

sorry its a dumb question, but i need help.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yes a new harddrive is what you need, but if i were you, i wouldnt try replaceing it myself, its kinda tricky, i and many others have..and if you want to try, here is a guide

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

NO, that is incorrect.....if really do do LOTS of recording and design work too, a single 500GB harddrive will NOT last you very long at all......at today's prices you might as well go for 2, 3 or 4 fast External 1TB drives and a multi-drive enclosure with Firewire connections......1 for the recording work, 1 for a backup of your apps & OS files, 1 for use as a scratch disk, and the other 1 for storing your design work)

This WILL last you for a long, long, long time :eek:

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I burned through 500GB in less than 4 months doing nothing but browsing the internet and doing work. I didn't even try!