Upgrading 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bobby Steez, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Bobby Steez macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!!! I got an IPhone 1.0.2 a while ago and always wanted to upgrade...But I was always to scared to transform it in an expensive brick!!! I would like to know what I should do to safely and easily(I have no hacking skills) upgrade my phone!!!

My IPhone is firmware 1.0.2
    my modem firmware is 03.14.08_G
    I don't know how it got unlock but It's one of the old methods
    I live in Canada and have no at&t sim card(Could it cause problems for activation???)
    I use a PC not a mac!!
    I just downloaded ZiPhone Gui v.3.0 (I think that it could help but I think I need to virginize my Phone first...right?)

thx for your help!!!!

2. bluepoint macrumors newbie

Hi did you have any luck?? I'm in the same position it seem ziphone v3 will do it but my concern is around the baseband and whether I need to virginised the phone first...

3. nalk7 macrumors regular

same position as you guys :( only difference is im on a mac not a pc. I was wondering if i can use the pwnage tool to uprage from 1.0.2 to atleast 1.1.1? I was reading the help thingy on the application, and said it works on a new or previously unlock iphone (aslong as the device is running 1.1.3 or 1.1.4) does that mean i cant use it? im sorry Im a total noob and have never done this :p

4. bluepoint macrumors newbie

well I bit the bullet after making the post. As stated I had 1.0.2 with a modified baseband and know idea what tool was used. I checked out a youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi1wZB5DkgU showing a similar upgrade. Ziphone is available for Mac an Win and I can say it worked fine for what I needed.

I installed Ziphone, I upgraded ITunes to 7.7 (it would let me update to 1.1.4 without it), I applied the update in itunes which worked fine - when it rebooted it told me I had an invalid SIM (Expected as I'm on UK Vodafone).

Now I'm not interested in jailbreaking just the unlock (I really want v2 and the app store) so in Ziphone I clicked on advanced and selected unlock. Ziphone did the job it rebooted but iTunes still said I had an invalid sim so I clicked 'activate' it went through again and the sim worked. Everything is working fine a I have no reason to suspect using the 'do it all' wouldn't work if you need jailbreak too.

many thanks to Zibri http://www.ziphone.org/
    Cheers J

5. nalk7 macrumors regular

I managed to d it, I recommend using the pwnage tool. Its easy and took me less than 10 minutes :)