Upgrading 1.1.1 unlocked with ispf to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jphillippe, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Jphillippe macrumors regular

Jphillippe

I am confused as phuc...help

I have a 1.1.1 iphone successfully unlocked to t-mobile with iphonesimfree. I had jailbroken the phone with jailbreakme.com leaving me with installer app. I have the option to install OKTPREP and update, but is ISPF unlock working with 1.1.2 and if I upgrade how do I activate the phone again. Would it take me back to the emergency screen, or would it take me directly to the springboard requiring me to jailbreak manually. After I do jailbreak manually or automatically, would the phone be activated to t-mobile again?

2. spinstorm macrumors 65816

As far as I know IPSF has not been tested by anyone reputable with 1.1.2 and therefore if you were to upgrade you MAY brick your phone.

Also you WON'T be able to activate it as there is no method for activation that works yet.

Please correct me if I am wrong but if you do try it you may REALLY BRICK it and its not worthit.

I have a UK iPhone 1.1.2 and US iPhone 1.1.1 and really there is no difference except the baseband is relocked and you can add international keyboards! but if you speak English its not worth upgrading and if you want other languages my advice is to wait!

3. Jphillippe thread starter macrumors regular

Jphillippe

thanks i'll just wait, I just heard performance was faster. But I don't want a bricked phone, i won't be the guinea pig, lol.

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Upgrading an IPSF unlocked phone is perfectly OK.. was really quick and painless. Everything works with no issues.

I'd have been surprised if the 1.1.2 upgrade broke IPSF - it survived the 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 upgrade and that was a much bigger jump, baseband version number wise. It seems the method they use looks 'legit' to a standard basband and just works.

Activation is easy - the method was well known 2 days ago.. just use the hacked lockdownd.

One thing I would say is it's nowhere near as simple as jailbreakme.com - if you're expecting something that easy then wait. OTOH if you've done it before and don't mind having to do a bit of command line work to get the lockdownd in the right place, then it's working fine.

5. Jphillippe thread starter macrumors regular

Jphillippe

OK I'm not to lost when it comes to command line work, but I'll give it a try. What do I do first, do I download and install oktoprep, then update from itunes. After that what link shows procedure of jailbreaking and activating?

6. mongoose8p macrumors regular

don't do it . it doesn't work with ipsf yet

7. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

does it work with an att sim with no problem?

8. Jphillippe thread starter macrumors regular

Jphillippe

SOME PEOPLE STATED IT WORKED THOUGH.