upgrading 1.1.3 JB to 1.1.4/1.1.5/2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dantega, Jul 16, 2008.

1. dantega macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

My ipod touch has the firmware 1.1.3 jailbroken and now I would like to upgrade it to 1.1.4 (and then jailbreak it) and potentially to 2.0.

Is there any potential risk when upgrading a JB 1.1.3 from iTunes by just pressing the "upgrade" button? Do I have to have a non-jailbroken 1.1.3 FM to do so?

Another question would be: I've got the 1.1.4 firmware in my disk so would it make any difference pressing restore and select 1.1.4 firmware (having this JB1.1.3) compared to just pressing upgrade (which would upgrade it to a non-JB1.1.4)?

Hope I didn't confuse you with this two doubts

thanks in advance

Dante

2. mrmarky macrumors member

you won't have any problems,

I would maybe do a clean reflash with 1.1.3 then jump to 1.1.4

2.0 should be cracked for public use very shortly though, there's not much between 1.13 and 1.1.4

3. dantega thread starter macrumors newbie

yup you are right,

When the firmware 2.0 jailbreak tool is finally out i will be able to upgrade from JB 1.1.3 to 2.0 straight away and jailbreak it... i think.

4. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Sounds about right, just make sure you restore to 2.0 and not just upgrade, just to be safe. :)

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Tried this today. According to the latest from the iphone-dev team, the iPod Touch with 2.0 will be supported. There was nothing about an iPod Touch 1.1.5 or below being compatible.

Because of this, I saved my JB apps, and upgraded. It all went fine and dandy however Mail quit working. There are actually great options on the new 2.0 software that made it less difficult to do a clean restore then the old firmwares did.

If you are upgrading from a 1.1.X to 2.0, do a restore, and DO NOT restore your "backup" settings.

6. TheChord macrumors newbie

I would Like an answer to that question as well!

I just bought an Ipod touch with non-Jailbroken 1.1.3 firmware. And i wanna upgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak that. and ofcourse I can't click upgrade on Itunes since it will push me up to 1.1.5.

in another thread there are links to firmware restore files. Will I encounter any problems if I restore to 1.1.4 from 1.1.3?

thanks in advance.