Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myemaildw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Hi guys
Can anybody explain to me how to upgrade from 1.1.4 firmware to 2.1
Shall I upgrade straight from 1.1.4 to 2.1?
The thing is that I'm on jailbrocken 1.1.4 and I do not own an account with AT&T, I use my own sim card and won't be able to activate my iphone once I upgrade. I'm not sure how I go about using pwnage tool for this. Can anybody explain. Please
The reason why I want to upgrade cause I want to use Netter Annatomy App as I'm starting 1st year Medicine this year and my current 1.1.4 is buggy and MCleaner app (that blocks unwanted sms and calls, doesn't work (the main reason I bought iPhone)), and cause MCleaner is available for 2.0.1 (and I believe will be available for 2.1 soon).
Thanks

tjobeid

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2008
Hi guys
Can anybody explain to me how to upgrade from 1.1.4 firmware to 2.1
Shall I upgrade straight to 2.1 from 1.1.4

There are only 550 other threads about this , search for it. :mad:
its going to be with the most views and most posts.

myemaildw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Or just follow the instructions that show up when you hit Update in iTunes. :rolleyes:

As I'm saying I do not own an account with AT&T store and that leads to me not being able to activate my iphone after upgrade. And I don't know whether pownage tool will activate the iphone for me, I do not know how it works.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
As I'm saying I do not own an account with AT&T store and that leads to me not being able to activate my iphone after upgrade. And I don't know whether pownage tool will activate the iphone for me, I do not know how it works.

If you have a MAC, then PwnageTool will Unlock, Activate and Jailbreak. Just click the options you need when you use the program :)

Going straight from 1.1.4 to 2.1 will work fine.

inky1961

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2008
Original iphone 1.1.1 to 2.1

I wish to upgrade my simfree jailbroken original iphone 1.1.1 to 2.1. Will this lock my iphone or will it work ok

thanks

iMac aluminium 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo 2GB ram.
Original iphone 1.1.1 jailbroken and simfree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.