Upgrading 2 Iphones only 1 Eligible???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davids8477, Jun 15, 2010.

1. davids8477 macrumors 6502

We have a family plan with 2 Iphone 3GS's. Both were bought at the same time.
    When I look on the AT&T web site for upgrade eligibility I see that mine (the main line) is eligible, but the other one is not eligible until Feb 2011.

I have not called AT&T yet - its too early - but was wondering if anyone has any insight into this situation
    :confused:

2. kintoro macrumors newbie

They allow the primary to upgrade because it is tagged as paying the bulk of the bill but the secondary phone will have its normal upgrade timeline. As an example, my phone is the main phone on our account and has the $80 a month bill posted against it, my wife's phone is just changed the $10 a month as an added line (plus data) and did not qualify for the early upgrade with the 3gs. Neither one of us upgraded last time so now we both qualify.

3. kintoro macrumors newbie

They allow the primary to upgrade because it is tagged as paying the bulk of the bill but the secondary phone will have its normal upgrade timeline. As an example, my phone is the main phone on our account and has the $80 a month bill posted against it, my wife's phone is just charged the $10 a month as an added line (plus data) and did not qualify for the early upgrade with the 3gs. Neither one of us upgraded last time so now we both qualify.

4. davids8477 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks - thats what AT&T told me when I eventually got through.