Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
I have the 2011 Mac-mini with 4 gb ram and I am upgrading the hard disk to 1 TB SSHD (Hybrid Hard Disk). This system is currently running Yosemite. I want to upgrade to El Kapitan but I want to know if doing so will cause any issues such as performance problems.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Apple's focus with El Capitan has mainly involved bug fixes and performance improvements over Yosemite. In short, you should see better performance after upgrading from Yosemite, not worse. :)

Reactions: redheeler

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Apple's focus with El Capitan has mainly involved bug fixes and performance improvements over Yosemite. In short, you should see better performance after upgrading from Yosemite, not worse. :)
Thanks for your feedback.

MysticCow

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2013
HOW are you surviving Yosemite with only 4 GB of RAM??? I had to go out and buy an upgrade to 8 GB because of that piece of crap Yosemite. Before that, I had to run Memory Clean multiple times per day (seriously, 10.10 was that bad at memory management for me).

Upgrading to El Cap was the best thing I ever did to my mini (2011 like yours). I never want to go back to Yosemite.

Kaida

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2016
Singapore
I think its better to change to a SSD + HDD with the dual HDD kit. Hybrid are more useful for those people who only has 1 sata slot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.