Upgrading 3gs to 4.1 from 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by snazy20, Nov 27, 2010.

  1. snazy20 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2010
    #1
    Hi,

    I've used TinyUmbrella and got my shsh files ready for 3.1.3,4.0,4.01, 4.1 etc.. and I decided not to upgrade to 4.1 when apple were signing it, in case there wasn't an unlock (windows user), because even though I use it on my official carrier (orange), I go abroad and like to swap my sim.

    So, I won't be going abroad till sometime mid next year and I want to be on 4.1 with gamecenter and the multitasking by apple etc..but I don't want to leave the phone unlockable in the future.

    With all the talk regarding an unlock due out tomorrow, if I was to download the official .ipsw for 4.1 and restore using itunes, so my baseband would change, would I be looking at unlocking it tomorrow (or before mid next year at the latest? ;))
     
  2. gngan macrumors 68000

    gngan

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    Location:
    MacWorld
    #2
    Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow? I can tell you tomorrow if the unlock is out or not. Even if the dev team said that they will release tomorrow, i won't update it until it's really out.
     
  3. snazy20 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2010
    #3
    Good point, what's another day to wait ;)

    I decided a while back that my phone unlocked and jailbroken is worth more to me than just a jailbroken phone on the latest firmware, despite not needing the unlock asap.

    Patience :)
     

Share This Page