Upgrading 3gs to 4.1 from 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by snazy20, Nov 27, 2010.

1. snazy20 macrumors newbie

Nov 3, 2010

I've used TinyUmbrella and got my shsh files ready for 3.1.3,4.0,4.01, 4.1 etc.. and I decided not to upgrade to 4.1 when apple were signing it, in case there wasn't an unlock (windows user), because even though I use it on my official carrier (orange), I go abroad and like to swap my sim.

So, I won't be going abroad till sometime mid next year and I want to be on 4.1 with gamecenter and the multitasking by apple etc..but I don't want to leave the phone unlockable in the future.

With all the talk regarding an unlock due out tomorrow, if I was to download the official .ipsw for 4.1 and restore using itunes, so my baseband would change, would I be looking at unlocking it tomorrow (or before mid next year at the latest? ;))
  2. gngan macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2009
    Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow? I can tell you tomorrow if the unlock is out or not. Even if the dev team said that they will release tomorrow, i won't update it until it's really out.
  3. snazy20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 3, 2010
    Good point, what's another day to wait ;)

I decided a while back that my phone unlocked and jailbroken is worth more to me than just a jailbroken phone on the latest firmware, despite not needing the unlock asap.

Patience :)