Upgrading a soon to be old iPhone.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Mickey8297, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Mickey8297 macrumors member

Mickey8297

I'm currently using an iPhone 4 for everyday use and I'm using my old 3GS just for music as an iPod. I ordered and iPhone 5 and it should be here on Friday. My question is if you think it would be worth it to upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 when it is released even though my 4 will be used as an iPod after I get my 5? Is it a good idea to keep an iPhone with Google maps on it? I can't see myself using any iOS 6 specific features on my 4 when I only use it for music but I do like the new look of the app store.

If anyone else is going to use an old iPhone as an iPod, feel free to share your thoughts.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd upgrade it. I can't imagine google NOT releasing Maps for iOS.

3. marc11 macrumors 68000

I'm going to upgrade just for the heck of it, but for me I am turning my 4 basically into a music and gps navigation device so I bought Navigon. Yeah I know it's $50 but no data required so it is a nice cheap way to have gps and music over bluetooth on my bike and in my car.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You can ALWAYS upgrade.

You can not DOWNGRADE.

Just sayin.

5. Mickey8297 thread starter macrumors member

Mickey8297

Thanks for the replies. Good point about downgrading. I might just wait until I get my iPhone 5 and then decide what to do with my 4.