Upgrading an old non-intel iMac from Tiger to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lowfatmilk, Dec 27, 2009.

1. lowfatmilk macrumors newbie

Hello,

Does anyone out there know where I can find any pre-Snow Leopard copy of Leopard to upgrade my old iMac? I've looked online but the prices for this almost extinct OS upgrade disks are pretty high considering they're not the current Snow Leopard.

Thank you,

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Online is about your only option. You won't find it in a retail store. Apple might send you one, if you get the right link or phone number. I'm not sure about the price though.

3. wilsonlaidlaw macrumors 6502

wilsonlaidlaw

There are dozens of copies for sale on eBay. Just make sure you pay with Paypal, as if it is a dead copy, you have at least a small chance of getting your money back. You need the proper Leopard upgrade/install disc not an install set for a particular Mac, as these are hardware sensitive. The correct one has a big X on the front. The machine specific discs are grey. I have Leopard running in our G5 dual Powermac server and in my wife's G5 iMac (the most stable machine of all our 6 Macs) and it works perfectly.

Snow Leopard - arghhhhhhhh!!

Wilson

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Wouldn't it be nice if Apple still sold the regular Leopard disks so people upgrading from non-Intel machines could still get Leopard without so much hassle?

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

they do, but you have to actually call the online store to order it