Upgrading AT&T Mobile Share from Apple website gives odd plan options...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WolfSnap, Oct 28, 2014.

1. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

I just recently switched from my grandfathered unlimited plan to the 40GB Mobile Share Promo plan.

But, when I go onto the Apple website (considering getting the kid a new phone), it doesn't give me the option to stay on the Mobile Share 40gb plan if I choose to "upgrade" a line. It just offers some strange data/voice/texting plans that have nothing to do with the mobile share plan I have.

If I decide to choose "add a new line", it gives me mobile share options, but none include the promo, and there's no way to tell it to just "add the line to the existing mobile share account".

So, how do I order from Apple and not mess up my plan?

2. tl01 macrumors 68000

Same thing happened at the Apple Store. We just chose a plan and then called to make sure the original plan was still intact and it was. I guess bc it is a promotion the plans aren't showing up correctly. If you do your order before the 31st you should be able to fix the plan anyway in case it changes.

3. WolfSnap thread starter macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

I can't understand why Apple can't get this working properly. AT&T order website is crazy.

It reminds me why I just pay cash for my phones 99% of the time. Guess I'll just do that again...

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

I suspect it's more a matter of AT&T not having their system set up properly and/or not properly advising Apple of promotions or possible account statuses.

Your best bet to order online from Apple for delivery is to order a T-Mobile/unlocked phone. Just put your AT&T nanoSIM in it and off you go.

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Nothing is happening except it's giving you your base plan and assuming you have to make an additional choice for data and messaging.

Just confirm your plan with AT&T afterwards.

6. tl01 macrumors 68000

It sounds like it is AT&Ts issue not Apple. If AT&T is having promotions and isn't sending the info properly it may not be Apple's fault. The person we spoke with at AT&T explained it more as their own fault... And it wasn't a big deal. One phone call confirmed that everything stayed the same.