Carrier Upgrading AT&T Next with Apple Store reservation.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TruthbeQuiet, Sep 18, 2016.

1. TruthbeQuiet macrumors newbie

So I have a 256Gb Black IPhone 7 plus slated for deliver the first week of OCTOBER. But I found one at a nearby Apple Store. I'm trying to upgrade through my existing At&T next plan but on the Apple site, it says I would have to agree to a IUP plan. Has anyone ran into this problem or know if I will have one if I got in store??

2. Joell27 macrumors member

Apple had a 7 plus in store?

3. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

You usually can just tell them that you want to do AT&T next instead of IUP. They will probably be fine about it. Just act like you didn't know it was a reservation for IUP only.

4. weesy macrumors regular

Does this apply for T-Mobile too? I didn't want to have to apply for iup and I can't pay in full. I was hoping to find a plus at a carrier store and be able to just proceed with the T-Mobile jump financing but I found a plus at my local Apple Store. How exactly would that work?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Indeed. I saw a whole bunch of apple stores with plus stock this morning. I reserved one but am trying to figure out the payment options.

5. elimagic3 macrumors newbie

Also looking for an answer to this. Can you lmk?

6. Kahsheh macrumors regular

When you reserve via the IUP link (floating around here), it will send out a confirmation email. In the email it says you can pay full price, carrier installments or IUP.

7. weesy macrumors regular

I've heard that you can't do carrier financing for T-Mobile at the Apple Store, is that true?

8. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

You can change it to whatever payment you'd like when you get there.

9. Joell27 macrumors member

Looking for that link. Can you please repost it?

10. double329 macrumors 6502

Yes, they do/did. My order is early Oct when I preordered on the 9th. Check local Apple Store, I was able to pick up two, one yesterday and one this morning. I cancelled the online orders afterward.

11. Fall3n13 macrumors newbie

Does the Apple Store also support Sprint's easy pay or lease?