Upgrading Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by This is Ryan, Jan 16, 2008.

1. This is Ryan macrumors newbie

Hi everybody.

I've recently purchased a new TV and want to use my old 27" Westinghouse LCD as my new computer monitor.

I'm running a Dual 2.0 G5...is it as easy as just plugging in the monitor? Will it be supported?

I tried searching this, but I couldn't get anything to come up. (Forgive me, I'm new).

2. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

You may need the included DVI to VGA adapter if your monitor does not have a DVI input.

3. ODLAWMAC macrumors newbie

Do u have any money to spare? I believe hooking up your display to your G5 will work with the right adapters. Seriously, i would consider upgrading to a faster system like the 24'' Imac for just $1700. I think you'll be allot happier running on intel and you'll get the best of both world an amazing 24" display and a screaming Machine!!!

4. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

Depends on the TV...I plugged my MBP into my parents' new 720p TV, and it just seemed to work, with a few niggles. One, my Macbook Pro froze when I first plugged it into the TV :p (worked after a restart). Two, it displayed a 1024x768 image on the TV, which was 4:3 instead of the full 16:9 screen of the television. YMMV

Off-topic :rolleyes:

5. This is Ryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought about doing that.:p

I'm actually overhauling my G5 with a new internal HD to boot Leopard from...and 3 gigs of new RAM...so I figured why not try a new display?