Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xenc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2010
London, England
Hello,

I have an unopened 2011 Mac Mini that I am considering exchanging for a newer 2012 model.

It is a built to order Server machine with a 2.0GHz Quad-Core i7. The newer model appears to be very similar in specs, with the exception of the faster 2.6GHz processor and newer integrated graphics.

Is it worthwhile upgrading the device? It is the same price (£10 cheaper). I will be using the machine primarily for Xcode and Photoshop, outputting at 1600p.

Thanks!

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
Hello,

I have an unopened 2011 Mac Mini that I am considering exchanging for a newer 2012 model.

It is a built to order Server machine with a 2.0GHz Quad-Core i7. The newer model appears to be very similar in specs, with the exception of the faster 2.6GHz processor and newer integrated graphics.

Is it worthwhile upgrading the device? It is the same price (£10 cheaper). I will be using the machine primarily for Xcode and Photoshop, outputting at 1600p.

Thanks!

Um if ur within the exchange period then YES!
HD4000, Ivy bridge, 1600MHz FSB, USB 3.0....the list goes on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.