Upgrading from 4.01 jailbreak to 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jleach1, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jleach1 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I am currently jailbroken with ios 4.0.1. I'd like to try the new limerain software, but I'm unsure about how to go about updating.

Do I just update via itunes to 4.1, then rejailbreak? Won't this delete all of my apps? I don't mind losing my jailbroken apps as they can always be redownloaded. But I don't want to raise any red flags at apple by updating a jailbroken iPhone. This won't affect any areas of my non jailbreak data and apps will it?

Sorry for the wall of questions. I value your opinion. I'm over educated in many areas in tech, but When it comes to ios and jailbreaking, I'm in unfamiliar territory.

2. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

I believe you'll need to do a restore, then update to the current iOS (4.1) through iTunes, then apply the new jailbreak (limera1n), though I would consider holding off until greenpois0n is released, I've heard from some friends who've used limera1n that its a bit buggy...

3. JordanWest86 macrumors newbie

Ok but restoring your phone will bring it back to its original settings so then your gonna have to sync it to get your app store apps right? And then JB it. Also, is there a JB app that syncs your apps so that when you re-jailbreak it you'll have those apps back?

My buddy told me this but he might be BS'in.