Upgrading from 4.1 to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ZCherub, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Hi all!

I have:
    • iP4
    • 4.1 Firmware
    • 1.59 Baseband
    • Was jailbroken w. Greenpois0n until last night

I was attempting to upgrade to 4.3.3 last night to do the Jailbreakme.com JB, and got a ton of errors and finally got stuck in a recovery loop. I just restored to 4.1 and used the recovery fix from iClarified (then quit while I was ahead - for that saga, click here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1218438).

The phone works now, but I'm concerned that I cannot upgrade. When I was stuck in the recovery loop, I attempted to do a straight restore upgrade via iTunes (just pressing restore, not Shift+Restore). When I tried this, I got an iTunes error message saying that the iPhone could not be restored.

Am I now stuck with a phone that can't be upgraded? If so, why would that be the case? I've only run 4.1 w. Greenpois0n JB - nothing else (although I did make sure I kept the 1.59 BB). Any insight as to what I'm doing wrong, or what exactly is happening here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

The 4.3.3 is no longer sign by apple that's why you get all errors. Apple only sign the latest firmware for iphone 4 which is 4.3.5. The only way to update a firmware and keep your old baseband is with pwnage tool or snowbreeze. However, nothing has been out for 4.3.5. Just wait for iOS 5 I'm sure they will release something it's a major update.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To upgrade, you would need the SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3

4. ZCherub, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Thanks all. I guess I jumped the gun in assuming that I could install 4.3.3 w/ Tiny Umbrella. I have 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved via Cydia (at least that's what TU says - is this even possible if I've never run 4.3.3 on my iPhone?).

I still don't understand why I cannot ugrade to 4.3.5. Apple should still be signing that, right? All I did was click Restore, and then confirm the restore/update when prompted.

That ended in an error message and a recovery loop... At the very least, I should be able to restore to the latest factory firmware, right?

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Maybe u have the different host file than the one by apple! I have my host change to cydia once and I completely forgot about that and try to restore an iphone that stock firmware was denied with an error!:(