Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Actually, Applejuiced corrected me above & stated that Cydia can in fact save them without updating if the correct option is selected.

It CAN, but it doesn't mean it DID. The only way to be sure was to use TinyUmbrella, iFaith or Redsn0w.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Or to click 'make my life rasier' in Cydia from what I gather. Seems possible enough.

If you DO NOT click this option, it will NOT even put your device in the SHSH queue.

If you DO click this option, your device will be entered into the SHSH queue. It still takes a seemingly random amount of time before your SHSH are saved therefore it's no guarantee. Better off saving them locally through computer programs.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
If you DO NOT click this option, it will NOT even put your device in the SHSH queue.

If you DO click this option, your device will be entered into the SHSH queue. It still takes a seemingly random amount of time before your SHSH are saved therefore it's no guarantee. Better off saving them locally through computer programs.

Agreed - just not as unlikely that he does not have them saved as I initially thought.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I'd also like to add that if the OP had been using TU, then the blobs could've been saved on the computer--even without cydia's help.
I've got blobs saved for 4.3.5 and I never installed that ios on either my ipad or iphone.

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Just to add my 2 cents (too late), I've never been on 5.0.1 but cydia saved it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.