Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
if i wanted to upgrade frome the 4 to 8 gb version i wojld have to return the 4 to att and get the 8 from apple. How will i get my account transfered without paying another setup fee? Anyone dkne thjs yet?

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
probaly just involves switching the sim card...

thats what i thought, but will they let me keep the simcard when i return fhe 4. I dont want to buy the 8 first because then i know ill have issues getting a refund on the 4. I don't have enough money to have $500 in limbo around the first of the month bill time.

Lebowski

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
if you dont have the money to have 500 in limbo, why did you buy a 500 dollar phone, then in 4 days decide to get a more expensive one?

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
if you dont have the money to have 500 in limbo, why did you buy a 500 dollar phone, then in 4 days decide to get a more expensive one?

well took longer for that to come up then I thought. The reason is because I can easily affoard the 5 or 600. What I can't do, and still have the level of cushion I prefer to keep, especialy around the first of the month when I just payed about 10 bills, is go buy another 600 phone. How is that so hard to believe. Can't the same be said for everything? Do you have the money sitting around to go buy one more of everything you own, if you do congrats you have some stellar financial planning.

angrygolfer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
PA

Someone elses financial status is not anyones business. Why would you make such a comment. He just asked if we think they Apple Store would let him switch the SIM cards.

My guess is yes they will. If not you will most likely have to call AT&T and have them manually switch the ESN's on your account so you won't get charged another activation fee AND so you keep the same number you were original issued.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.