upgrading from 4 to 8... Few questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rick98761, Jul 2, 2007.

1. rick98761 macrumors 6502

if i wanted to upgrade frome the 4 to 8 gb version i wojld have to return the 4 to att and get the 8 from apple. How will i get my account transfered without paying another setup fee? Anyone dkne thjs yet?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

probaly just involves switching the sim card...

3. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

thats what i thought, but will they let me keep the simcard when i return fhe 4. I dont want to buy the 8 first because then i know ill have issues getting a refund on the 4. I don't have enough money to have $500 in limbo around the first of the month bill time.

4. Lebowski macrumors 6502

if you dont have the money to have 500 in limbo, why did you buy a 500 dollar phone, then in 4 days decide to get a more expensive one?

5. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

well took longer for that to come up then I thought. The reason is because I can easily affoard the 5 or 600. What I can't do, and still have the level of cushion I prefer to keep, especialy around the first of the month when I just payed about 10 bills, is go buy another 600 phone. How is that so hard to believe. Can't the same be said for everything? Do you have the money sitting around to go buy one more of everything you own, if you do congrats you have some stellar financial planning.

6. Tom Castle macrumors newbie

y can't you just go to the apple store to do the exchange?

7. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

Someone elses financial status is not anyones business. Why would you make such a comment. He just asked if we think they Apple Store would let him switch the SIM cards.

My guess is yes they will. If not you will most likely have to call AT&T and have them manually switch the ESN's on your account so you won't get charged another activation fee AND so you keep the same number you were original issued.

8. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if the apple store will take a return from an art store, guess I can all and ask.