Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Well for me the rMBP's screen and ability to run many programs seamlessly is what entices me, since I often am multitasking various work and creative projects. While my "needed" usage is for grad school, I also am getting into software development, help out a non-profit with web and graphic design, make short films, write, and am involved in various other multimedia projects.

It sounds like a reasonably good match in terms of notebooks. I'd like to know how well it can drive multiple displays. Displaying a desktop doesn't take much. Other things can be far different.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
It sounds like a reasonably good match in terms of notebooks. I'd like to know how well it can drive multiple displays. Displaying a desktop doesn't take much. Other things can be far different.

I've had 3 displays hooked up to mine - it handles it just fine from a hardware perspective. OS X's multimonitor support is somewhat primitive though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.