Upgrading from 6 Plus to 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by infanthercules, Sep 9, 2015.

1. infanthercules macrumors newbie

infanthercules

I'm looking at upgrading from the 6 Plus to the 6s (presuming these are the correct names). Will the SIM cards still be nano SIMS as I am on a 2 year contract with EE (UK) but am planning on selling my 6 Plus to go to the 6s and worried the SIM card size may prevent me from doing so.

2. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

You'll have to wait till the presentation to find out. But more than likely it will I can't see Apple changing that now it would leave a lot of people in the lurch.

3. infanthercules thread starter macrumors newbie

infanthercules

Had this issue when going from the 4s to the 5 and was unable to due to so, hoping there won't be a change this year!

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

It's highly unlikely that they'll change the size on a 'S' release. Anyway, there's not a standard smaller unless they go to software SIMs.

I know it doesn't help now, but it was possible to cut down a micro to a nano when the 5 came out.

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

You can always buy a simcard adapter or you could always get a new sim from your provider for free

6. infanthercules thread starter macrumors newbie

infanthercules

Not sure whether my provider would allow my to change the SIM cards as I am contracted with that phone. They wouldn't let me previously. There isn't an issue if the SIM card gets bigger only if it is to go smaller but as cambookpro says, it's very unlikely to get any smaller as there just isn't enough room. Thanks for the replies!

7. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Sim card doesn't effect your contract and they do go bad sometimes at most they might charge you $10 and you can always buy sim card adapter that will let you use a nano sim card in any device if your are into swapping devices daily