Upgrading from 6S+, 8+ or X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevjen888, Sep 13, 2017.

1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502a

like my title says, I'm deciding really hard on this. I was gonna go with the X had the launch day not 1.5 months away as my 6S+'s battery is having issues. I guess I can manage to stick with the 6S+ until X comes out, however the X presentation was underwhelming as well documented here by other posters as well, not a big fan of faceID, it's like reinventing the wheels since there's nothing wrong with touchID, lack of color choices for the X is another letdown. Anyway back to the topic, do u think jumping from a 6S+ to an 8+ is worth it? Or should I wait for the X?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I'm not entirely sure that the iPhone 6s Plus leaping to the 8+ is that much of a drastic change. There are incremental updates with the processor, camera, glass backing, wireless charging, etc. But those are only features if you truly appreciate the smaller things.

If you are looking for more of a physical redesign and the latest technology, the iPhone X will likely be more suited aside from the price point. At least you have a lot of time to decide, as pre-orders don't start until 27 October.

3. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

8+ and call it a day for the next 5 years. If you get an X you are sure to switch up next year.

4. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

The 8+ is over twice as fast as the 6S Plus and has an extra GB of ram. I think it's worth it, but then again I'm buying it so maybe I'm biased. Personally I don't think the extra $200 is worth it for the X and if I could I would probably wait another year. BUT, my 6S Plus is kind of scratched up and the battery isn't doing it for me anymore. Next year the successor to the X will probably make more sense.

5. missbing macrumors 6502

missbing

Is battery issues normally a problem after a year? I also have the 6s plus and by the end of a work day I'm down to 10-20% and all I do at work is listen to downloaded audiobooks/podcast/music, maybe an hour or two of streaming and minimally surf the Internet.

6. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, buying an X now is like buying a brand new generation of a specific car model, only a handful of road tests has been down with a ton of new technologies. The 8 on the other hand is more like a mid cycle refresh of the existing model year car, with all the kinks worked out and improved on, plus added some new techs. I'm leaning toward the gold 8+

7. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 65816

PhillyGuy72

I'm going from the 2014 6 Plus to 8 Plus. This will be a nice hefty upgrade for me that I can live with.
    Much much faster, better cameras..and yeah, a lot of "new" features for me personally. (even though some of these features have ben out for a year or two already) And yeah, this is wireless charing also. That was never a make or break for me, but it's a nice feature if I want to get a charging pad eventually.

The X, I need to wait until Apple gets it fully together with this design. I don't know if they are there yet..even right now. Dropping 1200 bucks (6% tax, add AppleCare) on this right now, for me it feels like an expensive risk.